As of August 8th, we are in the midst of a particularly gnarly Mercury Retrograde. I blame August’s lunar and solar eclipses for throwing a bunch of emo-intensity and earthshaking change into the mix. In any case, welcome home to the usual Mercury Retro parade of ghouls: scheduling mix-ups, technology snafus, snarled traffic, minor car issues, mail slowdowns, long lines, miscommunications and other delays and inconveniences.
Mercury trucks in the details that make our lives run smoothly, and that we take for granted. That means you don’t have to worry about getting dumped, getting injured, violence, disaster (at least not by any fault of Mercury).
Funny enough, Mercury Rx is actually a SUPER important time for getting stuff done. Ahem, let me revise that. Mercury Rx is a super important time for getting certain stuff done: any action that begins with the prefix, “re-“. For the next month, make time for car repairs, 2nd drafts and edits, thinking through a redesign for a website or project and talking through old problems that didn’t get worked out the first go around. In these areas (and any other do-overs), you’ll catch problems and make connections you’d normally overlook.
If you can postpone signing a contract or planning a trip until after the Rx ends, that’s ideal. But since life plods on, stars be damned, here are tips for getting by more or less unscathed for the next few weeks:
- Rely on intuition rather than logic. Feel your way through decisions. If you’re not comfortable with something and you don’t know why, wait on it. You’ll find soon enough and be glad you didn’t buy those plane tickets/sign that lease/agree to work that weekend.
- Breathe, take it slow and be prepared to redo everything at least once. Think of this period as a message in a bottle from the planets reminding you to be present.
- If you’re overdue hearing back on important news, check your spam folder. Then follow-up with the person. (Odds are good they forgot to hit send.)
- Confirm and re-confirm appointments and plans. Triple-check your calendar every day to make sure you haven’t missed anything.
- Don’t catastrophize! Mercury deals in details, not life-or-death. This Rx will NOT cause nuclear war, your mother to be hit by a car or your sweetie to dump you. Doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen, but it won’t be Mercury’s fault.
Hitting rough water you can’t blame on Mercury? One-on-one Depth and Integral readings for new and established clients always include a breakdown of the big planets hitting your natal chart and individualized support applying those lessons to your own complex life. Appointments available by phone or Skype throughout the week.